Great Annual Wildebeest Migration 2012
Depth of Africa Safaris is your Kenya, Tanzania safari outfitter, specializing in the great annual wildebeest migration safaris taking place all year round in Masai Mara, Kenya and Serengeti, Tanzania each with its own seasons. This is the time for the Masai Mara, Kenya Migration 2012 poised for Mid July to October with Mara River crossings likely to extend to Mid September 2012.
Wildbeest Migration Tours, are exciting, not just by the sheer volume of the migration animals concentrated in specific areas and their ever-present predators, but because they are a development of a natural phenomenon that takes place annually in Kenya and Tanzania. Surprising though, we offer one of the most competive rates in the industry!
8th Wonder of the World?
Yes, surely it is. The natural instinctive movement of the sheer herds across the diverse landscapes and dangers in Kenya and Tanzania, may not be, after all, just as a result of rains as argued by recent research. No one exactly knows how these amazing animals look at the clouds, the winds and listen to the chimes of the everlasting clock to simply get their hooves marking the next mile. The river crossings as so dramatic, that all we do is to watch with mixed thoughts and feelings, seeing the crocos waiting for the kill and the beests thrashing and splashing the river waters into a deathly spray...and the relief on the faces of these animals as they emerge from the waters unharmed...only to the next danger of the carnivores who think Christmas has come and beef is in plenty.
Depth of Africa Safaris
is focused on an unwavering committment to holiday makers, photographers and film makers, memorable family holidays to Masai Mara, Serengeti and Ngorongoro (homes for the migration). Important Information
Nearly all migration safari seekers want to know the most important thing. If the planned holiday is to come in a certain month or period, where is the migration most enjoyable? Masai Mara in Kenya or Serengeti in Tanzania? Even so, which particular region is most suitable during a certain month? However, observation of the great annual wildebeest migration between 2011 and 2012 shows much unpredictability owing to sporadic rains. So the information below is simply an informative guide. Request our Migration Travel Specialist for more accurate information.January-March
Ndutu, Southern Serengeti April
Ndutu, Naabi Hill, Central SeroneraMay - June
- Movement from Southern Serengeti & Seronera areas West and North West
- Grumeti, Mbalageti Plains
- Sand River, Bologonja, Wogakuria, Kogatende, Kleins Camp areas
- Mara River Crossing - Scouting herds (Note that river crossing can continue all the way to September depending on how the herds are scattered)
- Mara North
- Talek areas
- Overflows to nearby conservancies (Enonkishu, Olare Orok etc)
- South East Mara, South West Mara Triangle
1. When and where the migration happens
2. Best places (hotels, lodges, campsites and mobile camps)
3. Exclusive focus on the Masai Mara Migration 2012
4. Exclusive foucus on the Serengeti Migration 2012
5. The dramatic Grumeti River Crossing/s, and the Mara River Crossing/s
6. Planning for a migration safari
7. Sample migration itineraries and prices, Masai Mara
8. Sample mgration itineraries and prices, Serengeti / Ngorongoro
9. Month by Month, Migration updates 2012
10. Book / Reserve a Masai Mara or Serengeti Safari