6 Days, 5 Nights Amboseli, Lake Nakuru, Masai Mara Lodge Safari
6 Days, 5 Nights Amboseli, Lake Nakuru, Masai Mara Lodge Safari
- · This is a choice of Kenya’s best parks with maximum gain for a wildlife safari.
- · Safari starts from your Nairobi hotel to Amboseli for 2 Nights, then to Lake Nakuru for 1 Night and then to Masai Mara for 2 Nights, returning to Nairobi on the 6th Day.
- · This is a road safari. Driving times are included in the detailed itinerary below
- · This is a lodge safari affording greater comfort, service, and a more relaxed holiday.
Why Start With Amboseli?
This is Kenya's classic safari which includes 3 of the most visited parks, and which offer great variety in wildlife, scenery and bird-life. Our choice to start safari from Nairobi to Amboseli is justified. Amboseli is really photogenic and offer greats scenery againist the backdrop of Mount Kilimanjaro (Africa's highest mountain). Though with great vegetational distinctiveness, Amboseli has fewer animals and might be disappointed to end here for the keen wildlife enthusiast. It is better to heighten than diminish wildlife safari enjoyment as comparing Amboseli with the more 'glorified' Masai Mara. It is important to note that there are massive herds of beautiful elephants, buffalos, giraffes, impalas, a host common mammals and ungulates. There are fewer big predators though.
Is Lake Nakuru National Park Just a Stop-Over Park?
In addition, Lake Nakuru National Park is not a stop-over for those headed to Masai Mara or to Samburu, Aberdares or Mount Kenya wildlife parks or even Amboseli, but a very popular park indeed. Famous for its massive numbers of flamingoes, pelicans and other water birds, the Lake Nakuru National Park is home and sanctuary to the white and black rhino, buffalos, waterbucks, antelopes / impalas / gazelles, giraffes, baboons and over 400+ species of birds. Important predators can also be found here.
From Lake Nakuru National Park, we have suggested that this camping safari proceeds to Masai Mara, the crown of this Kenya Classic Safari. Indeed the movement from Amboseli to Masai Mara cannot be easily made by road because its a gruelling 8+ hours drive and a waste of valuable time for game viewing and photography.
Why Masai Mara Should Be The Pinnacle of Your Kenya Classic Safari?
Masai Mara will be the crest of this Kenya Classic Safari experience. Your opportunity to see all the big 5 in significance numbers cannot be lost. Masai Mara is also home to the Great Wildebeest Migration during the months of July to October. There many hundred types of birds too. The scenery at Masai Mara is an eye-catcher and hot air balloon rides are very exciting here. There are many types of hotels, lodges and tented camps for your choice; fitting budget, mid-range and the opulent and luxurious types. In addition, Masai Mara has regions divided into the Mara Triangle, the Mara North, Mara Sekenani, Mara Talek, Mara South East, Mara Keekorok and the private conservancies of Ol Kinyei and Ole Koiyaki.
Accommodation Choices in Masai Mara and the Greater Mara Regions
Your choice of accommodation ought to be largely dictated by the area of residency & budget). For example, your choice can be the Mara Triangle area of Masai Mara or the sub-region of Mara Governors (during the July – August) period for closer access to the great migration river crossings. You should expect to find that most of the strategic lodges will tend to be quite expensive. Yet if you choose to stay from a base further away, you might suffer double park fees payments crossing over because the regions of the Greater Mara are managed by private conservancies with their own range of conservation, service and park fees.
If you choice is great privacy and getting the maximum from a wildlife safari in Masai Mara, you may choose outlying regions of the Greater Mara because there are less tourists visiting these regions (owing to their remoteness and rules / restrictions by managing conservancies in their park conservation efforts). The advantage will be an unbeatable and authentic African wilderness safari in beautiful well conserved areas teeming with wildlife, and mostly having a whole park to yourselves and great guides who have traversed these areas and are knowledgeable indeed.
However lodges in these 'isolated' regions tend to be more expensive, but with good value for money. Driving to these areas can be overwhelming and it is highly recommended to fly to the closest airstrips. You definitely should allow us as your travel agent to book you into suitable facilities. Their safari package includes 2-3 game drives per day, local alcoholic drinks, house wines, a bush breakfast / lunch or dinner, the only exemption being payable park fees, applicable service fees and taxes, and personal items you always ought to budget for on any safari.
If you really want to spend some good deal of time at Masai Mara, like 3+ nights, please request for a list of all hotels (and their package prices) in the region you are interested to visit, attractions in the area, descriptions of optional activities and we will send these to you for easier decision making. We, as your safari agents will coordinate with these establishments to finalize on a reviewed itinerary for a memorable Masai Mara Safari.
Hotels, Lodges Featured in this Itinerary
Amboseli National Park:
- Mid Range Lodge - Sentrim Amboseli, Amboseli Sopa Lodge
- Top Range - Ol Tukai LodgeLake Nakuru National Park:
- Mid Range Lodge - Lake Nakuru Lodge, Flamingo Tented Hill Camp
- Top Range - Lion Hill LodgeMasai Mara Game Reserve
- Mid Range Lodge - Mara Sopa Lodge, Basecamp Mara, Aruba Mara Camp, Sentrim Mara
- Mid Luxury Lodges - Mara Explorer, Mara Serena, Mara Intrepids, Mara Keekorok, Karen Blixen Camp
- Top Range Lodges - Governors Camps, Kicheche Mara Camp, Royal Mara, Mara Bushtops etc
Detailed Itinerary for 6 Days, 5 Nights Amboseli, Lake Nakuru, Masai Mara Camping Safari
Day 00: Arrival
You are met and assisted by our safari team at the airport no matter the time of your arrival. In a comfortable vehicle, your are transferred to your private suite at Bush House & Camp on Bed and Breakfast basis. Lunch will be prepared for you or dinner depending on your choice and time of arrival. Overnight at Bush House & CampDay 01: Amboseli (Driving Time: 3 to 3.5 hrs)
Depart for Amboseli at 8.00 hrs after breakfast. Game drive en-route. Arrive at your choice lodge for lunch and brief rest. Afternoon game drives. Dinner and overnight at lodge
Day 02: Amboseli
With packed lunches, depart camp for full day exploration of park. Talk to your guide if your wish to return to the lodge for hot lunch. Afternoon game drive. You can return a bit early to dive into the pool and relax over a sundowner. Dinner and overnight at lodgeDay 03: Lake Nakuru National Park
Pre-breakfast drive at Amboseli. Depart for Lake Nakuru after breakfast arriving in time for lunch at your choice hotel / lodge. Relax after lunch in preparation for afternoon game drive in the park. Dinner and overnight at lodge
Day 04: Masai Mara
The drive to Masai Mara from Nakuru takes 5-6 hrs. Therefore, the safari entourage leaves Nakuru immediately after breakfast not later than 8.00am. Arrive the lodge in Masai Mara for hot lunch. Brief rest / siesta until time for late afternoon game drive. Dinner and overnight at lodgeDay 05: Masai Mara
Leave the lodge with packed lunches for maximum exploration of park. Else, arrange with your gude if you wish to return to the lodge for hot lunch or would like to visit a Maasai Cultural Village. The cost of visit is $30 per person and is not included in this safari price. An ideal time for visiting the cultural village would be around 11am. Dinner and overnight at lodgeDay 06: Nairobi
Pre-breakfast game drive. Bid bye to Masai Mara after breakfast and check out and return to Nairobi. End of Safari
Prices shown here are for mid-range lodges only (minimum 2 persons)
. Please request prices for:-
- Flying safari package,
- Mid-luxury range camps,
- Top range and opulent lodges,
- Group prices,
- Solo traveler prices and single supplements applicable in these lodges.
- Complimentary services are applicable as group discounts. You will be informed at the time of reservation.
- Options for extending this safari to Mombasa or South Coast, Diani, Lamu or Malindi.
USD xxxx per person sharing (Safari begins and ends at your hotel in Nairobi)
Safari Price Includes:
- Equipped safari vehicle with professional guide / driver
- Fuel and guide's allowance
- Park fees
- Accommodation and meals as stated in itinerary
- Game drives as described in itinerary
- Bottle water during safari
- Alcoholic drinks like house wines, local beers, cocktails, juices are included in SOME choice lodges (Kindly request this information in advance)
Safari Price Excludes:
- Aiport transfers (Domestic flight packages will include all airport transfers)
- Accommodation and meals in Nairobi
- Personal spending money
- Tips and gratuities to staff
- Laundry (unless otherwise specified)
- Visas, International and domestic flights (Where flight package applies the domestic air fares and applicable taxes will be included)
- Other expense related activities not included